- NTTC Office Closure – our office is closed to the public for the foreseeable future. We continue to do the work of the Council, please read our open letter to residents explaining this issue in more detail. The best way to contact us while the office is closed is to send an email – you can do this via our ‘Contact Us’ page.
- Be a Good Neighbour – H for Help initiative. Every household in the North Tawton Parish should very shortly receive this leaflet, it is intended that those who need help display the ‘H’ in a prominent window, and hopefully someone nearby will respond – have a look at the leaflet for more information. If you don’t get this leaflet delivered, please contact the Council and we’ll make sure you get one. If you see the red H displayed in a neighbour’s window, please make contact with them and see what help they need, if you can do so safely.
- West Devon Borough Council have a useful page with links to relevant information and advice – its important that we all make sure we are looking at official advice so you might find the links on this page helpful. Alternatively check the direct links below.
- Medical Advice from the NHS
- Government Guidelines on Coronavirus.
- Statutory Sick Pay.
- Devon County Council Coronavirus advice page.
- Advice from Trading Standards – find out about fraud and scams, get advice if you are selling home made food.
- Devon travel advice – the latest bus timetables
- Keep children safe online – advice from the Children’s Society
- How to make a cloth face mask – there are instructions from Gov.UK for a no-sew mask made from an old t-shirt, as well as sewn cloth face coverings.
- WDBC have published a comprehensive list of FAQs on the latest government guidelines which came into force on 13 May 2020.
- Here is a link to Government advice for Employers, Employees, and businesses.
- Here is a business update from West Devon Borough Council & South Hams District Council with some useful links and some information about how the councils are helping businesses during the current crisis.
- Government assistance for businesses – West Devon Borough Council are writing to all business rate paying businesses in the Borough to advise on the help that is available. The letters are being sent out on 8.3.20, and will take a few days to arrive. If you think your business is eligible but you do not receive a letter by 15.3.2020 telephone WDBC on 01822 618800.
Defibrillators in North Tawton
There are four defibrillators in the town:
- Town Centre – on the wall of the Council Office at 14a The Square, North Tawton, opposite the Clock Tower and to the right of the office door.
- Strawberry Fields – on stone wall adjacent to the mini roundabout, on the left hand side approaching from the town centre.
- North Street – on the wall outside the Bowling Club gates, on the right hand side of North Street approaching from the Town Centre.
- Fore Street – on the wall of Fore Street Garage, which is situated on the right hand side approaching from the town centre, at the entrance to Taw Vale Avenue.
Total Attachments: 2