The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is an update to the existing Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA). GDPR came into force in the UK from 25th May 2018.
The Principles of Data Processing
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
- Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purpose for which they are processed
- Accurate and where necessary kept up to date
- Kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary
North Tawton Town Council have a GDPR Privacy Notice outlining what personal data we keep and how we handle that data, please open the relevant attachment to this page as below.
We also have a comprehensive Data Protection Policy, available via the link below.
For your information we also attach a GDPR ‘Jargon Buster’ explaining some of the common phrases used in relation to this issue.